Please follow this guide to configure ProCal-Track to your requirements.
Use this section to populate the data paths for your system. If you are using a centralised folder structure, you should point your folder paths to the central location, not the local (C:\) folders.
- Certificates - links to the 'certificates' folder of the ProCal folder structure
- Digital Photos - links to the folder that stores any digital photos of instruments for use by ProCal-Track
- Sales Folder - links to the ProSales folder if it is in use
- Stock Database - links to the folder containing the stock database if it is in use
- PDF Scans - links to the folder that is used to store scans and documents for use by ProCal-Track
- Reports - links to the ProCal report folder (usually 'Reports_SQL') of the ProCal folder structure
- ProCal Folder - links to the 'programs' folder of the ProCal folder structure
- Procedures - links to the 'procedures' folder of the ProCal folder structure. This is needed even in version 6.5 and above, as the folder containts procedure prompt information
Use this section to determine what the station is being used for. If 'user server settings' is checked (see below) this will apply to all stations that are using the server settings.
- Goods-Inwards Only - the station is only able to use the 'good-in' function of the software
- Despatch Only - the station is only able to use the 'despatch' function
- Goods-Inwards & Despatch - the station is only able to use the 'goods-in' and 'despatch' functions
- Administrator - the station is able to use full functionality
ProCal-Track V6 is currently only available in English.
Check this option to force a check for any calibrations that have not been marked as 'invoiced' in the software.
Enter the desired VAT rate (if required) for use with the invoice export function.
Set the options for barcode scanner functionality:
- Enforce Barcode Scanning For Despatch - check this option to enforce the use of a barcode scanner in the process/despatch screens. This will disable keyboard controls
- QR Code Labels - check this option to use QR style barcodes on labels. This is currently only compatible with Dymo LabelWriter type label printers
This section displays the PC Name of the station in use.
Use Server Settings
Check this option to load global settings. Uncheck this option to use individual stations settings. Saving settings with this options checked will overwrite the global settings and affect all stations with this option ticked.
Set the desired environmental unit between Celsius and Fahrenheit.
Choose settings for the 'goods-in' function:
- Enforce check for incomplete information when booking in - enabling this setting will stop users from completing an instrument book-in if instrument and job information is incomplete
- Set entered data as ID for new instruments - enabling this setting will set the new instrument ID to be the same as the information entered by the user when starting book-in
- Create accessories list for each specific model number - enabling this setting will create specific accessory lists for each instrument. Otherwise, a master list is used
- Group instruments if using the same customer - enabling this setting ensures that job numbers for instruments booked-in consecutively for the same customer are grouped by the same job number prefix
- Print exact dates for certificates and labels - enabling this setting forces due dates to display as exactly 52 weeks from the date of calibration, rather than one year taking into account days of the month
- Allow address editing on book-in form - enabling this setting allows addresses to be edited directly on the book-in form, rather than forcing changes to be made in the contact manager. Addresses changed in this way will only reflect on the job being booked in, not on the contact record itself.
- Prevent calibration where quote status is not 'Go Ahead Given' - enabling this setting prevents ProCal from starting a calibration if the job's quote status is not 'Go Ahead Given'
Choose settings for the process and despatch functions:
- Print Picking List - enabling this causes a picking list to be printed during the despatch process
- Preview - enabling this setting shows a preview of the picking list before it is printed
- Job Completion Record - enabling this setting causes a job completion record document to be printed during the despatch process
- Check Service Items Exist When Processing - enabling this setting forces a check on service items existing against a job before processing is possible. If there is no service item logged on the job when attempting to process the job with this setting enabled, a warning message will be populated and the user is given the choice of whether or not they wish to continue
- Print Cert At Despatch - enabling this setting moves the certificate print action to the despatch function. Leaving this unchecked causes the print routine to remain in the process function
- Despatch Note - enabling this setting causes a despatch note to be printed during the despatch process
- Print Prices/Stock Codes - enabling this setting causes prices and stock codes to be included on the despatch note. This will only work if a ProSales stock database is in use
- Print Service Log - enabling this settings causes a service log of an instrument to be printed alongside its certificate
- Use Custom Certificate - enabling this setting allows users to print a certificate based on a customer crystal report template, instead of using the in-built ProCal/ProCal-Track certificate
- Default Certificate - allows the user to specify the default customer report to be used when printing a certificate. The report being printed can still be changed at the time of printing
Job Number Format
Allow the the current month and year to be built in to the automatically generated job numbers:
- Use Date Coded Job Numbers - enables/disables the setting
- Start With - allows the user to specify a prefix for the job number ahead of the month and year. Leave blank if no prefix is required
Job Sheet/Label Print Settings
Specify whether to print job sheets/labels when booking instruments in:
- 0 - 3 - prints the specified number of job sheets when booking in
- Label - prints a job label when booking in
- Label + Sheet - prints a job label and a job sheet when booking in
Recall Letter Date Format
Allows users to select the correct date format for their region, to be used when generating recall letters. Using the correct format ensures that the software is able to correctly calculate recall dates for instruments based on calibration dates and calibration periods.