1) Connect a USB cable to the rear of the 4000 Series. Ensure that the FTDI drivers are installed on your computer.
2) Download the USB Updater application attached to this solution.
3) Start the ds30 Secure Loader GUI utility, and select the appropriate COM port for the calibrator, ensure that baud rate is set to 9600.
4) Select the 4000_Series_XXX_encrypted.hex where XXX is the latest version of the Low-Level firmware. At the time of writing the latest version is 13.2.04
5) Ensure that 'Write Flash' is ticked, Device 'PIC24HJ' is selected and '256GP610' is selected in the drop-down box.
6) Turn on power to the 4000 Series, and then press the 'Write' button.
7) A progress bar will indicate the update progress, this process takes approximately 3 minutes.
8) On completion, the lights on the 4000 Series front panel will cycle and the firmware has been updated.
9) If an update to the UI has been provided, run this as per instructions in the manual. As of writing the current version of UI is 3.0.6
10) The calibrator will restart and is now ready for operation