When upgrading to Version 6 of ProCal crystal reports will require modification to run correctly.
This modification takes approximately 1 minute however does require a copy of Crystal Reports.
- Open the report file in Crystal Reports.
- Using the top bar, navigate to Database and then select 'Set Datasource Location'.
- The data source location window will appear.
- Select the database (In this case the default C:\ProCal\Certificates\proresdb.mdb, and then expand the 'Create New Connection' box in the 'Replace With' box. Highlight the 'OLE DB (ADO) item and click the Plus icon.
- When the next window appears, select 'Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server' and click 'Next'.
From the Server dropdown, select the SQL Server that the ProCal Database is stored on (In this case TRANSWINSERVER\TRANSMILLE).
Enter the User ID and Password used to connect to the server. If you do not know this your system administrator will be able to assist. Please note that this is NOT your ProCal login details.
Select the Database drop-down and select ProCal. Click next, and then next again. The window will disappear.
At the 'Set Datasource Location', select the new database connection (TRANSWINSERVER\TRANSMILLE) and the current database (C:\ProCal\Certificates\ProResDB.mdb) and then click the 'Update' button on the right which has now become accessible.
The original database will be updated to the new database which indicates that the data source has been updated.
Click 'Close' on the window.
Save the report to the new file location into the 'Reports_SQL' folder.
The report is now available for use in ProCal, ProCal-Track and ProSales.