*** NOTE - DO NOT ALTER THESE SETTINGS UNLESS THE PROWEB UTILITY CEASES TO FUNCTION ***
*** IF TRANSMILLE HAVE CONFIGURED YOUR DEPLOYMENT THESE SETTINGS DO NOT REQUIRE USER MODIFICATION. IF THESE SETTINGS ARE ALTERED BY THE USER THERE WILL BE A CHARGE TO RE-CONFIGURE THE SYSTEM***
ProWeb communicates with a cloud hosted SQL database, a remote FTP database as well as files on the local system.
To configure the settings, navigate to the 'Settings' tab of the ProWeb desktop application.
The settings menu is grouped into 4 sections.
Remote Database Server Settings
1) Remote Server Address - This is the web address of the remote SQL Server. Your web host/system administrator can provide you with this information.
2) Remote Server Username - This is the username that is used to connect to the remote SQL Server.
3) Remote Server Password - This is the password that is used with the username above to access to the remote SQL Server.
The user that is chosen will need full alter and delete permissions to the SQL Database.
Remote FTP Server Settings
1) Remote FTP Address - This is the web address of the remote FTP server. This will be prefaced with "ftp://" followed by the server address.
2) Remote FTP Username - This is the username that is used to connect to the remote FTP Server.
3) Remote Server Password - This is the password that is used with the username above to access the remote FTP Server.
Note - The FTP Server must be configured with the folder "PDF Certificates" for uploads to be successful.
Default Report Paths
1) Crystal Report Paths - This is the path to your server where all crystal reports are stored, for example, //server/Transmille/Procal/Reports_SQL.
2) Default Accredited Template - This is the default report that will be used for Accredited Certificates.
3) Default Traceable Template - This is the default report that will be used for Traceable Certificates.
4) Default Test Report Template - This is the default report that will be used for Test Reports.
5) Default CoC Template - This is the default report that will be used for Certificates of Conformity.
6) Report Paper Size - This configures the PDF engine to generate reports in the correct paper size for your region.
7) Upload Accredited Certificates - Tick this box to upload Accredited Certificates.
8) Upload Traceable Certificates - Tick this box to upload Traceable Certificates.
9) Upload Test Reports - Tick this box to upload Test Reports.
10) Upload Certificate of Conformance - Tick this box to upload Certificates of Conformance.
1) PDF Export Location - This is the location that PDF certificates will be stored locally prior to uploading. The computer/user will need full read/write permission on this folder.
2) External Certificates Path - This is the path that any external certificates have been scanned to (For further information, refer to the ProCal-Track manual for scanning in external certificates).
Note that that all paths MUST be UNC paths, not referring to Mapped drives (i.e. \\server\ instead of S:\).
In some systems the signatory may not have been stored into the database (for example if certificates are signed by hand and ticked manually). Although this practice is not advised there is a provision in ProWeb to update Standard (Traceable) certificates with a default signatory (This will NOT update Accredited Certificates).
The tick box stating 'I accept that historical data will be updated' must be ticked for this setting to take effect.
System Date Format
For correct sorting and conversion of dates, the correct date format must be selected.
To save modified settings, click 'Save Settings'.
Update Log :
5th March 2019 : Updated to reflect latest desktop application
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback
Sorry! We couldn't be helpful
Thank you for your feedback
We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article