Follow the steps below to complete installation of the ProCal Calibration Suite (Including optional installation of ProCal-Track and ProSales), including an automated deployment of a local installation of SQL Server.
- Download the latest installer from the links provided by Transmille. Ensure that your computer meets the minimum requirements for Version 6 as listed here : System Requirements for ProCal Suite - V6
- Run the installer from the downloaded location.
- The Installer will appear and notify you that some of the pre-requisites are missing. Click Next
- A list is presented showing the components that are required. If this is a NEW installation of ProCal on this computer and an existing database is not already configured please ensure that the option 'SQL Server Express 2014' option is left ticked. If this option is not installed the database will not be created and the software will not work.
- If you are using a supported label printer (Label Printers Supported By ProCal) ensure that the applicable printer is left ticked.
- Click 'Next'. The installer will start to configure the required components. This process will typically take 5 to 10 minutes depending upon the speed of your computer and the number of prerequisites installed.
- Numerous progress bars may appear during the install process, ensure that any instructions/dialog boxes are acknowledged and processed. The installation for the database server will show numerous dialog boxes during the installation and configuration process
- After pre-requisites have successfully installed the installer will continue.
- The Installer will inform that the installation directory is C:\ . Please leave this folder as is as the default settings use this directory to minimise configuration.
Click the 'Licence terms and conditions' hyperlink to view the terms and conditions of the software install and then either Check the tick box or click 'Accept' if you agree to the terms and conditions
If you do not wish to install ProCal-Track or ProSales as part of the installation, deselect the optional features on the next screen and then click 'Next'. Please note that your license or trial will give you access to only the licensed software.
If you do not want to create shortcuts on your desktop, untick the 'Desktop' checkbox and then click Install
The installation will now progress, a moving bar shows the progress of the installation
After installation has completed, click the 'Run' icon to launch the database configuration utility. To configure the database follow instructions as detailed here : Configuring a new Server/Installation
Users should then be created as detailed here: Creating The First User
When you first start ProCal, ProCal-Track or ProSales you will be prompted for a licence key. Enter the code that has been provided via Email into the entry box and click 'Register Licence'
The ProCal Calibration Suite has now been successfully installed and is ready for final configuration and use.