Please follow this guide to configure ProCal-Track to your requirements.
Use this section to determine what the station is being used for. If 'user server settings' is checked (see below) this will apply to all stations that are using the server settings.
- Goods-Inwards Only - the station is only able to use the 'good-in' function of the software
- Despatch Only - the station is only able to use the 'despatch' function
- Goods-Inwards & Despatch - the station is only able to use the 'goods-in' and 'despatch' functions
- Administrator - the station is able to use full functionality
ProCal-Track V6 is currently only available in English.
- Enable font compatibility - this settings changes the font in several areas of the software to allow Cyrillic characters to display properly (eg in company names or addresses)
Enter the desired VAT rate (if required) for use with the invoice export function.
Use Global Settings
Check this option to load global settings. Uncheck this option to use individual stations settings. Saving settings with this options checked will overwrite the global settings and affect all stations with this option ticked.
This section displays the PC Name of the station in use.
Set the desired environmental unit between Celsius and Fahrenheit.
Check this option to force a check for any calibrations that have not been marked as 'invoiced' in the software.
Recall Letter Date Format
Allows users to select the correct date format for their region, to be used when generating recall letters. Using the correct format ensures that the software is able to correctly calculate recall dates for instruments based on calibration dates and calibration periods.
Barcode Scanner Settings
Set the options for barcode scanner functionality:
- Enforce Barcode Scanning For Despatch - check this option to enforce the use of a barcode scanner in the process/despatch screens. This will disable keyboard controls
- QR Code Labels - check this option to use QR style barcodes on labels. This is currently only compatible with Dymo LabelWriter type label printers
Use this section to populate the data paths for your system. If you are using a centralised folder structure, you should point your folder paths to the central location, not the local (C:\) folders.
- Certificates - links to the 'certificates' folder of the ProCal folder structure
- Digital Photos - links to the folder that stores any digital photos of instruments for use by ProCal-Track
- Sales Folder - links to the ProSales folder if it is in use
- Stock Database - links to the folder containing the stock database if it is in use
- PDF Scans - links to the folder that is used to store scans and documents for use by ProCal-Track
- Reports - links to the ProCal report folder (usually 'Reports_SQL') of the ProCal folder structure
- ProCal Folder - links to the 'programs' folder of the ProCal folder structure
- Procedures - links to the 'procedures' folder of the ProCal folder structure. This is needed even in version 6.5 and above, as the folder contains procedure prompt information
- Label Templates - links to the 'labels' folder of the ProCal folder structure
- Use Global FilePath Settings - select this to set the filepaths as the global setting. Checking this box loads in filepaths that have previously been set as the 'global' setting. Saving with this option unchecked will affect all stations using global settings. Uncheck this box to set filepaths that are unique to the station.
GOODS INWARDS SETTINGS
Choose settings for the 'goods-in' function:
- Enforce check for incomplete information when booking in - enabling this setting will stop users from completing an instrument book-in if instrument and job information is incomplete.
- Set entered data as ID for new instruments - enabling this setting will set the new instrument ID to be the same as the information entered by the user when starting book-in.
- Create accessories list for each specific model number - enabling this setting will create specific accessory lists for each instrument. Otherwise, a master list is used.
- Group instruments if using the same customer - enabling this setting ensures that job numbers for instruments booked-in consecutively for the same customer are grouped by the same job number prefix.
- Print exact dates for certificates and labels - enabling this setting forces due dates to display as exactly 52 weeks from the date of calibration, rather than one year taking into account days of the month.
- Allow address editing on book-in form - enabling this setting allows addresses to be edited directly on the book-in form, rather than forcing changes to be made in the contact manager. Addresses changed in this way will only reflect on the job being booked in, not on the contact record itself.
- Prevent calibration where quote status is not 'Go Ahead Given' - enabling this setting prevents ProCal from starting a calibration if the job's quote status is not 'Go Ahead Given'.
Job Number Format
Allow the the current month and year to be built in to the automatically generated job numbers:
- Use Date Coded Job Numbers - enables/disables the setting.
- Start With - allows the user to specify a prefix for the job number ahead of the month and year. Leave blank if no prefix is required.
Job Sheet/Label Print Settings
Specify whether to print job sheets/labels when booking instruments in:
- 0 - 3 - prints the specified number of job sheets when booking in.
- Label - prints a job label when booking in.
- Label + Sheet - prints a job label and a job sheet when booking in.
Choose settings for the process and despatch functions:
- Print Picking List - enabling this causes a picking list to be printed during the despatch process.
- Preview - enabling this setting shows a preview of the picking list before it is printed.
- Job Completion Record - enabling this setting causes a job completion record document to be printed during the despatch process.
- Check Service Items Exist When Processing - enabling this setting forces a check on service items existing against a job before processing is possible. If there is no service item logged on the job when attempting to process the job with this setting enabled, a warning message will be populated and the user is given the choice of whether or not they wish to continue.
- Print Cert At Despatch - enabling this setting moves the certificate print action to the despatch function. Leaving this unchecked causes the print routine to remain in the process function.
- Despatch Note - enabling this setting causes a despatch note to be printed during the despatch process.
- Print Prices/Stock Codes - enabling this setting causes prices and stock codes to be included on the despatch note. This will only work if a ProSales stock database is in use.
- Print Service Log - enabling this settings causes a service log of an instrument to be printed alongside its certificate.
- Use Custom Certificate - enabling this setting allows users to print a certificate based on a customer crystal report template, instead of using the in-built ProCal/ProCal-Track certificate.
- Default Certificate - allows the user to specify the default customer report to be used when printing a certificate. The report being printed can still be changed at the time of printing.
- Preview certificate before printing - enabled by default. Previews the certificate on screen before printing. Disabling causes the certificate report to print without an on screen preview.
Set your lab address for use on reports and certificates. This can be set on a global or per station basis.
Choose settings for the instrument recall and reminder function:
General Recall Settings
- Set Currency Code - select the currency identifier to be printed on recall emails/letters, if costs are being printed. If left blank, the software will default to '£'.
- Add prices from stock database to recall emails/letters - if you have a stock database in use, current calibration prices will be added to the recall email/letter for an instrument based on the last procedure used.
- Auto-generate letters for reminders without email addresses - if a reminder item is created in the system but it cannot be emailed, this option causes the system to generate a letter for the customer at the end of the recall process.
- Limit email sending to 30 per minute - some email providers (eg Office 365) have a limit on sending emails of 30 per minute. Enable this option to force the recall system to generate a maximum of 30 emails per minute
- Recall date format - sets the format of the date that will be used on the recall reminder emails.
- Choose which optional columns you would like to appear on your reminder emails:
- Customer Reference
- Instrument Description
- Due Date
- Calibration Cost (please note that calibration cost will not be included if the stock database option is not enabled, regardless of this setting)
- Set Email Header
- Set the header to be used on your recall emails. Please note that the emails use a HTML format, so HTML codes should be included in this header section for proper formatting. Example below:
- Set Email Footer
- Set the footer to be used on your recall emails. Please note that the emails use a HTML format, so HTML codes should be included in this footer section for proper formatting. Example below:
- Set Email Attachment - select a file that you would like to attach to any email reminders that are sent.