The 3000 Series calibrator processor and associated IC’s are located on the top board, and are mounted in IC sockets on the processor module PCB :
NOTE : ENSURE THAT LINE POWER IS REMOVED FROM THE CALIBRATOR BEFORE PROCEEDING
To check the processor is firmly seated in this socket it is necessary to remove the front panel screws and drop the front panel down, shown below :
- Remove the two side fixing screws from each side of the calibrator front panel.
- Turn over the calibrator to expose the bottom of the case and remove the screws highlighted in BLUE.
- Turn the calibrator to its correct orientation, the front panel can now be dropped down to expose the front panel and processor board.
- Ensure that the IC's highlighted in RED are pushed fully into their sockets.
- Repeat the steps in reverse to re-assemble the calibrator.