|NOTE : ONLY PERFORM THIS PROCEDURE WITH PRIOR AUTHORISATION FROM TRANSMILLE OR OUR APPROVED AGENTS|
ANY DAMAGE CAUSED BY FOLLOWING THIS PROCEDURE INCORRECTLY IS NOT COVERED BY THE WARRANTY
Occasionally it may be necessary to replace the processor board in a 3000A Series Calibrator to apply firmware updates in the field.
1) To gain access to the inside of the calibrator, carefully turn the calibrator over and remove the 6 screws on the underside of the calibrator as marked below.
2) Remove the two hexagonal screws in the side of the front panel as highlighted in the image above.
3) Return the unit to the correct positioning, and slide the top cover off of the unit towards the rear. It is normal for there to be some resistance.
4) Remove the BLACK screening cover as indicated below, taking care not to damage the plastic screws.
5) The processor is located in the front right-hand corner of the PCB as you look at the unit from the front. It is directly behind the Digital Control. Note the orientation of the processor and gently lift straight up. The processor will be quite stiff in its socket as there are a large number of pins.
To insert the replacement processor, ensure the alignment is correct and all pins are in place and then push the processor down into the socket. Ensure that the processor is flush with the socket, it may require a firm push to seat correctly.
6) After confirming that the unit powers up correctly, re-assemble the unit following steps 1 - 4 in reverse, ensuring that all screws are in their original position and tight, taking care not to damage the plastic screws on the screening cover when re-attaching.