ProWeb can be scheduled to automatically perform uploads without the user having to trigger manually.
To perform this, please follow the instructions below, which has been performed on Windows Server 2016, however instructions for Windows 7, Windows 10 and Windows Server 2012 onward will be similar.
- Ensure that the computer that will be performing the upload will be on at the time that the upload is scheduled. Also make sure that ProWeb is configured correctly on the computer and performs a manual upload without issue.
- Open 'Task Scheduler'.
- Click on 'Task Scheduler Library' and then 'Create Task...' on the right hand side.
- In the 'Name' box enter a descriptive name, such as ProWeb Upload Task, and enter a description.
- Tick 'Run whether user is logged on or not' and then click the 'Triggers' tab.
- If the window does not automatically pop up, click 'New' and select the frequency. We recommend daily at the end of the day (for example 7pm) - this minimises multiple uploads during the day and makes sure that data in the web portal is kept up to date.
- Click 'OK'. The new trigger will appear in the 'Triggers' tab.
- Click the 'Actions' Tab and then click 'New'. Browse to ProWeb (must be located in C:\ProCal\Programs) and enter the argument /autoupload . Click OK.
- On the settings tab, set options as appropriate.
- Now that the task is configured, click 'OK'. You will be asked to enter the users password of an administrator that is allowed to schedule/run this task.
- The upload will now run automatically. To confirm correct operation the task history can be viewed in the Task Scheduler, or the event can be run manually by right clicking and selecting 'Run'.