With ProCal-Track 6.6.15, a new Sub-Contractor module has been released. This module allows easy management and dispatch of items that require a sub-contracted calibration. The new system allows users to:
- Dispatch items from the same order to multiple sub-contractors
- Manage both sub-contractor and end customer pricing
- Manage sub-contractor carriage costs
- Generate sub-contractor dispatch notes
- Return items back to the system when received from the sub-contractor
The module groups instruments by order numbers. If you are not using order numbers to cover batches of instruments, you will not currently be able to use the sub-contract module.
Please follow the guide below to use this module.
Receiving From Sub-Contractor
- Launch the module from Utilities > Sub-Contact Instruments > Receive From Sub-Contractor
- Enter the order number related to the item(s) you wish to dispatch. You can also enter a job number, which will link to the item's order number. Press search once you have entered your details:
- The sub-contractor module will load with details of all instruments related to the order:
- Items in the list can only be returned if they are in a status of 'K: Sent For Cal/Repair (External)'. Any items not in this status will be faded and view-only.
- To return an item, enter the returning order details:
- Date returned: enter the date on which the item was returned
- Certificate No: enter the certificate number as provided by the sub-contractor. This will be applied to the item record in the software
- Calibration date: enter the date of calibration as provided by the sub-contractor. This will be applied to the item record in the software
- If you wish to scan and link the certificate to the item, please scan the certificate to your configured scan location and use the 'Scan Cert' button to link the certificate.
- If a certificate has been linked, the button will change to 'view cert'. This will allow you to view the certificate on screen.
- Once all details have been entered and the certificate has been linked (optional), use the 'return item' button to complete the return of the item to your system.
- You will be prompted to choose a status to place the instrument into:
- Select the desired status and press the 'OK' button - a message will confirm that the item has been returned to the system:
- Repeat this process for any other items related to the order that need to be returned to the system from the sub-contractor