On occasion dismantling the 1000 Series will be required to access internal fuses or to replace components during repair.
These instructions are common to both the 1000A and the 1000B after removal of the outer case.
To remove the middle board (which holds the voltage and current generation circuitry, a number of screws and cables must be removed. This will allow full access to the front board which holds the processor and resistance section.
- Remove the screw highlighted, make sure not to remove the screws that hold the plastic side plates inside the unit.
- Remove the screw that holds the middle board to the internal case as highlighted.
- With an appropriate nut spinner, remove the screw holding the IC to the internal case as highlighted. Take care to minimise stress on this IC.
- Remove the TWO screws holding the larger transformer to the side of the internal case.
- Remove the highlighted ribbon cable, only one end needs to be unplugged.
- Remove the highlighted ribbon cable, only one end needs to be removed.
- Lift the middle board up slightly and disconnect the GREEN multi way connector from the rear of the board.
- Disconnect the Black wire, there is an in line connector.
- The middle board can now be fully removed from the unit, providing access to the front board.