To migrate data from Version 5 and below to Version 6, a conversion of the access database must be performed.
NOTE : If there is corrupted data in your database, or duplicate data this import process will not resolve the issue - Transmille offer a data migration service to assist in this case.
- Configure the New ProCal SQL Database as detailed here : https://support.transmille.com/support/solutions/articles/9000131423-configuring-a-new-server-installation.
- Download and Install SQL Server Management Studio from the Microsoft Website if you have not done so already - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/ssms/download-sql-server-management-studio-ssms.
- Download the Transmille Data Migration Tool from the bottom of this article.
- Extract the .exe file to C:\ProCal\Programs and launch.
- Set the file locations of the ProResDB, Contacts (optional) and PCSet (optional) databases that are to be imported. These are usually found in your main ProCal\Certificates folder.
- Press the "Import Data" button. The tool will now import your data to the SQL database used by V6.