It is possible to import uncertainties for a traceable instrument using a .csv template instead of building the uncertainty template line by line in the software.
To do this:
- Download the attached template from the bottom of this article
- Enter as many uncertainty line details as are required:
- ID: The line number of the uncertainty. This should be sequential
- Uncert_No: The line number of the uncertainty. This should be sequential and should match the ID
- Uncert_Desc: The line description. The description must not include commas as this will cause the import to fail
- Range_Low to Ref_Zero: appropriate numeric values should be included in each of the uncertainty columns
- For columns that don't require a value, please leave the field blank
- Save the file, ensuring that the filetype remains as ".csv"
- Launch ProSet
- Go to File > View/Edit Instrument Uncertainties
- Click "Import Uncertainty"
- Enter the requested uncertainty details, then select the file to be imported
- Click "Create Uncertainty"
- The uncertainty is now available in the software
To assign an uncertainty table to a reference, please refer to How to Edit a Traceable Instrument