To configure the 'Auto Numbering Information' within ProSet, open the system settings. Enter the custom numbering scheme required and this will automatically increment.
In addition to the certificate numbering system, the System ID counter can also be customised. This unique reference is given to every instrument and is used by the computer to link together all related information.
Typing in a custom certificate number at the end of calibration will change the ordering and potentially cause issues.
The different counters are available because a procedure can be set as a specific type of test, each of these may want to have a different prefix.
- Standard certificate: For Traceable/Standard certificates.
- Accredited Certificate: For accredited laboratories.
- C of C Certificate: A Certificate of Conformance.
- Electrical Safety Test: For procedures which are concerned only with testing electrical safety (e.g. Portable Appliance Test results).
- Test Report Certificate: A test report, typically for new instrument testing on product lines or in ATE (automatic test equipment) systems where sub assembly testing is performed.