How to Start a Calibration from a Priority List
Instruments that are booked into the system using the ProCal-Track Goods-In feature will automatically appear in the priority list. Instruments will appear in the list dependent upon the view selected. For further information on the available filters in ProCal, please read the Priority List article.
To start a calibration from the priority list, open the priority list to the desired filter (if it is not already set to display when ProCal starts).
- Start ProCal
- Select ‘File’, then ‘Instrument Calibration Priority Lists’ and then select the relevant priority list format.
- Alternatively, you can configure ProCal to show the Priority List as Default on start up via ProSet (https://support.transmille.com/a/solutions/articles/9000212602).
- Select the device to be calibrated, then click ‘Start Calibration'.
- A pop-up will display with details of the device, confirm the details are correct and click ‘Yes’ to proceed with calibration or click ‘No’ to re-select.
- The calibration information screen is now displayed, make sure to select the correct name in the ‘Tested by’ drop box then click ‘Next’.
- On this screen, the list of procedures matching the model number will be displayed. Select the procedure then click ‘Next’.
- If the instrument has been calibrated before, the last procedure used (if still available and not de-activated) will automatically be highlighted.
- It is possible to search for the procedure using the ‘Search’ button and contained options.
- Once the required procedure has been selected click ‘Next’ to proceed.
- The next screen will display traceability information and uncertainty statements.
- The next window asks if As Found or After Adjustment Readings, select 'As Found Readings' then click 'Next'.
- ProCal will prompt for the first test, click 'Next'.
- Tests will display a picture prompt, demonstrating how to correctly set up the meter and calibrator. Click 'Next' to continue.
- METER type tests with(depending on the chosen calibration) keyboard entry of the value. Type in the reading from the meter display and click 'Next' to go to the next test.
- To review results at any time click 'Control' and then 'Pause Calibration'.
- When the last test is reached, the test review screen is displayed, click 'Next'. (If a message stating some of the tests are not completed appears, simply click 'Yes' to proceed.
- Enter/Select certificate comments. Please see the following article on how to 'Adding Comments to Certificates ':(https://support.transmille.com/a/solutions/articles/9000211603).
- Services, Parts Used and Engineers Report - Enter any required details then click 'Next' to step through each tab and proceed to the status screen.
- Set instrument status - if unfinished, calibration complete will be disabled. Use 'Other' and manually select :
- [M Cal. done - awaiting paperwork] then click 'Next'.
- Click 'Finish' to assign certificate number and save the calibration.
- Note : To assign a manual certificate number, click 'Enter Number Manually'.