ProCal uses a intelligent lookup method for determining instrumentation connected to the USB interface.
In order to use RS232 interface equipped instruments, an FTDI USB to RS232 converter lead should be used,
which connects the RS232 'D' connector of the instrument to the USB port of a computer.
Setting up the computer to use one (or more) FTDI USB to RS232 converter leads :
1. Install device driver for the FTDI USB to RS232 lead :
FTDI USB to RS232 Driver Download (external website)
2. Connect RS232 end to instrument and plug the USB end into the computer.
At this point the computer will load the device driver automatically.
3. Run ProSet > Edit Instrument Traceability and ensure the instrument and all associated information is entered.
The serial number and model number are used by ProCal to automatically determine the correct instrument to communicate with.
4. Run ProCal and the instruments will be automatically detected based on the model and serial number entered in ProSet.
Note : If ProCal report it cannot find an instrument, please check the model and serial number information in ProSet is correct.
5. If your device is not automatically detected, please set a static FTDI address: Setting a Static FTDI Address.
*** END OF SOLUTION ***